Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Senior PSP, or more widely known as the Sr. HRBP, will partner directly with leadership within the Go To Market (GTM) functions, a growing and scaling area of our organization. The ideal candidate will bring strong functional human resources expertise, business acumen, consultative skills, and customer service orientation to advance employee engagement and performance, management capability, and efficient people process. They should have proven experience understanding business concepts and aligning business needs with HR support and solutions to move the business ahead in a growing & maturing environment. They should also be able to demonstrate interpersonal awareness to effectively build and sustain strong partnerships with trust and credibility across the business, particularly with leadership teams. The candidate should be prepared to unlock the full potential for each Toaster inclusively and creatively, fostering peak moments and inspiring people to be their best selves.
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- Work closely with Senior Leadership, Directors, & Managers, in our GTM functions to implement strategies and programs that develop their workforce to achieve its strategic goals while improving the overall employee experience
- Partner and lead the development and execution of talent management processes such as quarterly and annual performance and talent reviews, succession planning, and engagement exercises in partnership with business leaders and the broader People Success team.
- Work to build people-related solutions by leveraging people trends, insights, and data to drive the implementation of projects and programs.
- Provide strategic partnership and mentorship to employees and people managers at all levels to positively impact the motivation, development, and retention of talent.
- Collaborate with all areas of the People organization to deliver an aligned, effective people-centric approach to your partner organizations.
- Provide guidance on employee relations matters and conduct investigations as needed.
Ensure policies, practices, and programs are administered in an equitable and consistent manner.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements)
- 6+ years in an HRBP role
- Proven ability to establish trust, coach, and partner with leadership
- Ability to create and implement end to end people programs
- Strong experience in performance management
- Experience in developing and supporting DEI initiatives
- Demonstrated success in a high-growth organization
- Demonstrated ability to show excellent judgment, creative problem-solving, and training/coaching
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit/mindset, flexibility toward dynamic change
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment, with multiple stakeholders with varying needs
- Solid understanding of HR practices, policies, and employment law
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Bachelor’s degree in an HR-related field and/or HR certification preferred
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Flexible Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].