Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast is looking for problem solvers and fixers; Those “swiss army knife” players that can help us untangle the complexities of a rapidly scaling organization. As a member of our Operations Strategy team, you’ll work broadly across the business to help teams imagine the perfect process for their team then help craft the right mix of new and existing technology to create that experience for our employees and customers. You’ll take a leadership role in these conversations helping to pull together the mix of business, operations, and technical voices we need to reach a scalable solution, serving as a mediator and council for the different teams involved. This is an incredible opportunity for someone who wants to drive impact through operations excellence.
***For this specific hire, you will be working closely with our People Leadership, People Operations, and HR Systems teams to create a world-class experience in our HRIS, Intranet LSM, ATS, and more.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work cross-functionally to proactively identify areas of improvement in Toast’s operations and bring together the tactical stakeholders to turn that idea into a reality.
- Analyze data and information from across the business to understand the ROI and relative priority of different challenge areas to build out a roadmap that maximizes values.
- Serve as a translator between the business teams working within a system and the technical teams working to administer them to solve problems.
- Own the full lifecycle of your projects, from gathering requirements with various teams to working on development with Systems and ultimately the execution, testing, and deployment of a solution.
- Be an internal consultant that lends expertise and perspective to different leaders working to operationalize their teams.
- For this specific hire, you’ll be focusing on building the partnership between Centralized Operations and our People Organization. This will include a wide range of alignment conversations about how we jointly build our roadmaps and design our technology systems.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience in operations, consulting, or other complex problem-solving positions.
- Track record of success in designing, and implementing technology solutions to business problems.
- Functional understanding of the data and reporting needs of a rapidly growing executive team hungry for visibility.
- Architecture and integration mindset, able to understand how different databases extract, transform and load sets of information.
- Demonstrated ability to gather feedback, drive consensus, and manage change.
- Desire to work in a “generalist” capacity on complex problems.
- Experience with Salesforce.com preferred
- Experience with HRIS, Intranet, LMS, or other People Technology preferred
- Experience working with, or as a member of a People Operations, or Human Resources function preferred.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.