Location: Flexible (Paris Issy-les-Moulineaux). This role offers the flexibility to work from home, within proximity to an office location in France.
On this team you are going to be responsible for delivering automated cinematic storytelling solutions for advanced video editing features to easily build incredible videos. These features are built for mobile and desktop based on a variety of technical challenges in the areas of real-time video processing and scene understanding.
The person in this role will be responsible for putting groundbreaking visual storytelling features in production. In this role, you will be a part of a computer vision and machine learning team, researching and applying a range of cutting edge research techniques to propose advanced editing features for the GoPro users.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
What You Will Do
- Benchmark and investigate usage for state of the art CV algorithms and models.
- Produce POCs, interact with Product Managers and Creative Technologists to define realistic use cases.
- Implement or integrate production-grade libraries with the help of Backend Engineers.
- Design and develop novel computer vision and/or machine learning algorithms running on edge devices (iOS and Android)
Skills We’re Excited About
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in the Computer Vision field
- Proficiency in Python and C++
- Experience with standard Computer Vision techniques and Machine Learning frameworks
- Experience with image & video processing on projects such as: image/video segmentation, image/video denoising, tracking, pose estimation, object detection/classification etc.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Creative thinking
- Strong communication skills – ability to work in a distributed work environment
Bonus Points For
- Mobile development (iOS or Android)
- Git, docker and virtualization
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Competitive salary and discretionary performance-related bonus
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Flexible work arrangements
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.