We are looking for a talented engineer that is passionate about building world class polished interactive applications that will be used by millions of customers in our GoPro Community.
This engineer will participate in the development of macOS applications that enable consumers to share their passions with friends and community by developing media management, editing, and story-telling features for GoPro cameras and cloud content.
What You Will Do
- Architecting and implementing new functionality to our suite of desktop software
- Building / maintaining reusable frameworks / tools and integrating existing frameworks developed in house
- Developing rich and interactive user interfaces that are modern and adhere to best practices on the platform
- Take ownership of important projects from technical design to implementation
Skills We’re Excited About
- Ideally has experience and proficiently writing in Objective C, Swift, C++
- Experience with AppKit / UIKit and Auto Layout
- Experience with Hardened Runtime and Sandbox applications
- Strong ability to debug using LLDB, experience with tools like Instruments is a plus
- Experience with Xcode, setting up frameworks, dependencies, etc.
- Strong experience with Rest APIs using NSURLSession and interacting with cloud based endpoints
- Collaborative experience working with UX designers and Product Managers
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
Bonus Points For
- Experience with AVFoundation or VideoToolBox
- Experience with Metal or other GPU APIs
- Experience developing Finder based Quicklook plugins
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $132,600-$156,000.