Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Our community of Toasters is driven by this passion, and our mission is to empower the restaurant community to delight their guests, do what they love and thrive. In order to help deliver on that mission, we’re looking for a well practiced communications guru to join us in helping Toasters stay informed, connected and inspired throughout their entire journey. At Toast we maintain a continued focus on transparency, authenticity and connection to our mission – this individual will help to drive a narrative across the organization to bring these elements to life.
Reporting to the Director of Employee Experience & Communications, your role will be to help drive streamlined and effective communications across the organization. Partnering with the rest of the CHEERS team (Communications, Hospitality, Experiences, Events, Recognition, and Success), to ensure consistency in our brand story, messaging and the how behind what we do at Toast. This roll* will continue to be a dynamic resource across the business to assist in building our changing narrative as we evolve the way we support the restaurant industry.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- We’re looking for a high energy individual with strong written and multimedia communication skills, who is excited to bring our values & culture to life throughout our employee-facing communications.
- Partnering with the Head of Content & Creative services to find new ways to connect Toasters through written mediums and keep them informed and educated about what’s happening across the business.
- Review, edit and write clear, engaging, and consistent employee-facing communications on behalf of various stakeholders.
- Assist with managing content for employee meetings (i.e. OneTeam) and events that facilitate and fuel our community’s connection to our goals and mission
- Have a keen eye for detail & design work and proven ability to create content and presentations that excite and inspire their audience.
- Possess strong project management skills; ability to manage initiatives from ideation through to execution; including planning, communications, driving engagement and wrap up.
- Work cross functionally and build partnerships both within the People Team and the rest of the organization to tune into employees' needs and support change management communications.
- Work closely with our DEI team to craft messaging to support integrating their work into everything we do, including our core DEI programs & heritage month celebrations.
- Partner with Employer Brand, PR & Marketing to align our internal messaging with Toast’s external communication strategy, brand standards and tone.
- 5-7 years experience as a communicator in a corporate setting; direct experience delivering consistent messages through different voices.
- Experience working in collaborative environments, balancing between communications and other functions, to support the overall employee experience.
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple communication channels.
- Proven ability to partner with executive leadership
- Strong teamwork, communication & cross-functional collaboration skills
- Solid understanding of public company requirements, practices, and policies
- Experience working in the Technology/SaaS industry is a plus
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.