Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced engineering leader to join the Toast Platform to run our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team.
Bready* to make a change?
The Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for running Toast’s production services with a commitment to quality, reliability, and low latency — without needing heroics. The team accomplishes this goal by enabling the rest of Toast R&D to do good design, conduct extensive testing, and establish repeatable processes. SRE helps up-level R&D by evangelizing and enforcing reliability practices across all teams. Finally, the team provides rapid response and resolution to incidents. This team
- Owns and drives Observability throughout the entire stack
- Facilitates accountability through SLOs across all lines of business
- Improves Service Resilience by enabling performance testing and chaos engineering
- Supports Core Services in production
- Provides incident response services for critical issues and facilitates blameless postmortems
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
As a Manager of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the operational metrics for Toast’s systems. You will have the following tools at your disposal:
- Driving day-to-day operations of the team and contributing to the development and prioritization of the SRE roadmap for major initiatives
- Enabling and mentoring engineers on your team to do the best work they can and rewarding their performance
- Establishing strong working relationships with peer infrastructure and product teams
- Influencing architecture decisions and patterns to optimize resilience and scalability throughout the entire R&D organization
- Growing a global organization through hiring and creating professional growth opportunities for the members of your and peer teams
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience as an Engineering Manager, including hiring and cross-functional collaboration
- Experience in a role with operational or production responsibility
- Deep understanding of systems, networking, and scaling issues
- Direct exposure to SaaS systems, ideally in an SRE/TechOps/DevOps/Production Engineering context
- Hands-on coding/troubleshooting experience
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.