Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to take responsibility for building new, innovative solutions to expand how Guests interact digitally with restaurants. As well as providing a cutting edge point of sale system for restaurants, Toast processes billions of dollars of payments through consumer experiences. As we build new solutions to meet the needs of our customers and their guests, we are experimenting with the latest technology like iOS App Clips or Android Instant Apps. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of digital restaurant experiences both inside and outside of restaurants.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Experiment directly with Guests and Restaurants to test new dining experiences
- Ship code that has a massive impact on helping restaurants thrive
- Be part of a team working collaboratively Research, Design, Product and other engineers
- Champion best practices for development, deployment and quality life-cycles
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience building high quality native iOS or Android experiences
- Experience with mobile testing culture in an agile environment
- Experience working with backend technologies is encouraged but not required
- Enjoy being a force multiplier for the individuals on your teams through leadership behaviors
- Defined best practices to help your team deliver impact
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Tech Stack
We develop our native apps on iOS and Android using Swift and Kotlin both of which follow a VIPER architecture. Both apps use Apollo GraphQL for a majority of their API models and networking. Our backend services use Java, Kotlin, or Node.js. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using GraphQL, Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.