Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars per day, and at the end of the day, makes sure that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account.
The Senior Payments Manager will be a key payments resource for Mid-Market/Enterprise Sales and Restaurant Success teams. Responsibilities include deal specific pricing strategy and analysis for new and existing business, joining prospect and customer calls as the Toast Payments SME and working cross functionally on strategic initiatives related to Mid-Market/Enterprise payments.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Act as the subject matter expert regarding Toast’s payment solutions, deeply understand the payments value proposition and how Toast Payments specifically meets Mid-Market and Enterprise merchant requirements
- Lead complex payments pricing negotiations for prospect and customers in partnership with Mid-Market & Enterprise Sales and Restaurant Success teams
- Deliver a best-in-class payments experience to Toast prospects and current clients through successful communication and customer empathy to drive a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Understand and refine Toast Payments processes and procedures specific to MM/ENT, identifying improvements to gain greater efficiency and accuracy
- Report out on and analyze our Mid-Market/Enterprise customer base to identify trends and help drive future pricing recommendations
- Serve as an escalation point as needed for Sales, Restaurant Success and R&D
- Build and manage a team of 1-2 analysts; provide coaching, guidance, and feedback to drive high-performance and employee satisfaction
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor's Degree; 5+ years of experience in the Payments industry managing large volume customer accounts
- Strong leadership experience
- Strong understanding of payments pricing strategies, specifically large brand and franchise contract negotiations
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent negotiation skills, prioritization and the ability to navigate competing demands and complex problems
- Strong executive presence; communication skills and comfort interacting with and presenting to C-Level executives
- Strong financial and analytical capabilities; Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and to adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives with minimal oversight
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with cloud based hospitality POS solutions
- Experience with Salesforce and SQL are a plus
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.