GoPro is looking for a Senior Payroll Accountant to join our payroll team be a pivotal team member in managing payroll operations globally. On this team you are going to be responsible for processing global monthly payroll, including all benefits for 400+ employees. Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
The person in this role will be responsible for working closely with third party partners to ensure monthly payroll is processed timely and accurately. You will be responsible for all accounting aspects as related to payroll.
What You Will Do:
- Knowledgeable on functions and best practices for APAC and EMEA payroll and accounting but not limited to preparation, balancing, internal control and payroll taxes and reporting.
- Perform all pre and post audits of payroll, upholding all SOX controls.
- Responsible for quality and timely responses to employee and business partners.
- Own month-end accounting processes including journal entries and reconciliations.
- Assist the Finance team with ad hoc research, reporting, audit, and special projects.
- Commitment to process improvement and the ability to think “out-of-the-box.”
- Cover for team members in back-up role for vacation and/or high-volume work efforts.
Skills We’re Excited About
- 5-7 years' experience in global payroll accounting, reconciliation, and compliance.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- High attention to detail and customer service oriented.
- Excellent organization, time management, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work well within a fast-paced environment with strict deadlines.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding analytical and technical capabilities.
- Strong communication skills to interact with people at all levels and with diverse cultures.
Bonus Points For
- Working knowledge of CloudPay, Workday, and NetSuite.
- Advance Microsoft Excel skills.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro + gear
- Employee discounts on GoPro products and other industry discounts
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- 13th month salary
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Medical, Dental, & Vision – Premiums are fully paid for employees
- Life Insurance & Disability Benefits
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by a GoPro legal entity located in the EU (“Controller”). Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of (EU) 2016/679 General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data may be shared with a limited number of cloud services providers located in the USA and engaged by Controller, solely for the purposes of recruitment and hiring on Controllers behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the USA, your personal data may be transferred to the USA once you submit it through this site. Because the European Commission has determined that USA data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer, if any, will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the GDPR. Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority. You can address any questions about your privacy by emailing to [email protected].