Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. The Digital Ordering team is responsible for a diverse range of products, all with the united goal of helping restaurants represent the best of their hospitality, digitally. The core mission is to create experiences and tools that help Restaurants not only meet their guests where they are but to deepen the connection with every interaction.
We are looking for a talented Senior Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” We seek a teammate dedicated to our mission through consumer facing and visually delightful designs with a very strong emphasis on native mobile experiences; connecting our restaurant customers to the tools that help them do what they love and thrive.
This is a 100% remote, product designer opportunity.
About this role:
- A strong point of view on how to bring digital dining to life through native mobile.
- Design intuitive experiences for native mobile platforms, delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to understand users, translating understanding into design artifacts that shape thinking and guide development
- Regularly conduct design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Plan and execute user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards
Do you have the right ingredients*?:
- 3-5 years experience with demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area and connect that to a broader product vision
- Expert in designing for multiple screen sizes and platforms: native mobile, responsive mobile, and web
- Strong experience and journey mapping, identifying and capitalizing on friction when appropriate and moments of delight across the journey
- Experience in strategizing and executing your own UX research
- Proactive with capacity to handle high work volume and balance multiple projects at once
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
- Experience with/knowledge of consumer facing digital products
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- 100% paid childbirth recovery medical leave
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Eligibility for 100% paid medical or family leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Home office and telecommunications stipends
- Free access to Certified Financial Planners
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
*Bread puns encouraged but not required