Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Toast Payroll team is responsible for a portfolio of products to support restaurant employees as well as the people, tools, and processes that restaurants need to hire, retain, and pay their teams.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Product Designer with a strong portfolio demonstrating a balance of user goals and business objectives to deliver intuitive experiences that “Do right by the customer.” You will work on innovative products to empower restaurateurs to do what they love and thrive.
You should have experience working directly with Product Managers, Engineers, and Designers to prioritize, brainstorm, and deliver user experiences. As a Toast Product Designer, you’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of problem solvers creating with purpose. You will be involved in the end-to-end product development process, from strategic planning to design thinking to the creation and launch of valuable new product experiences.
About this roll* (responsibilities):
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and marketing to understand users, identify opportunities, and find high-impact design solutions
- Navigate ambiguity and complexity to arrive at simple, intuitive experiences
- Design experiences for journeys that can span across products and devices within a platform – delivering easy to follow wireframes, workflows, and prototypes
- Regularly conduct cross-functional design reviews to obtain feedback, iterating on the designs to improve results
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Conduct user research studies that generate insights to positively impact product design.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (requirements):
- Demonstrated ability to lead the solution of a product area and connect that to a broader product vision
- Experience designing for B2B SaaS platforms
- Comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to learn new things and tackle a range of challenges as they arise
- Experience with holistic design approaches, including journey mapping, to create delightful moments across the entire experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills with an ability to build strong relationships both within and outside of the product organization
- Experience in planning, facilitating, and sharing learnings from user research studies
- Fluency in design and prototyping tools, including Figma
Special Sauce* (bonus skills):
- Experience designing automated systems
- Domain expertise in labor, payroll, and HR technology
Our Spread of Total Benefits:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required