Location: Remote USA. This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
Are you a SW product leader deeply interested in delivering innovation that transforms customers’ personal video experience? 360 cameras and their video software allow people to capture everything without worrying about “missing key moments” and fully enjoy “Here and Now”. Usually, video capturing requires users to focus on finding a right aim exactly at a right moment. GoPro’s 360 cameras and its SW help our users easily capture everything in one recording (don’t miss anything!) and create awesome footages in GoPro’s mobile and desktop SW after the capture. We want to make this experience most seamless and easy to use and are very excited about this role and our future of creating the world class innovation that will change how people create their personal media.
For the past few years, GoPro has grown from a hardware company to an ecosystem company that provides an end-to-end solution for our customers to manage their memories and help become great content creators. GoPro software now offers not just capturing media, but also saving and managing media, innovative editing tools and exciting subscriptions that maximize value and utility for our consumers.
With the SW business now the key focus and the growth driver for the company, the GoPro SW Product and UX team is looking for the Senior Product Manager who will manage the important innovation of developing 360 SW experience in our SW ecosystem.
This position will work closely with engineering and UX in both US and Europe to develop the optimized SW experience for GoPro’s Max line of 360/Spherical cameras on both mobile and desktop platforms. 360 experience is what we are extremely excited about here at GoPro and the Sr. Product manager will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to delivering meaningful innovation and growing our SW business.
What You Will Do
- Define the 360 video SW experience in the GoPro SW ecosystem and develop its strategy based on user insights, industry knowledge, competitive landscape and data.
- Own and develop clear PRDs and user stories that guide the product development teams.
- Own and develop the 3-year roadmap for 360 SW experience within the GoPro ecosystem.
- Lead the 360 and Spherical SW team as the product owner and manage the priorities of the product backlog and define acceptance criteria.
- Collaborate with UX design and engineering to deliver and execute product features to maximize user benefits.
- Collaborate closely with the cross functional teams both in the US and in France (engineering, product, UX, program, marketing) to align with the overall ecosystem strategy and support Go-To-Market strategy.
- Clearly communicate 360 SW product plans and strategy within the company to cross-functional partners, 360 SW team and company leadership.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Technical 4 year university degree (engineering, computer science).
- 6+ years of product manager/owner experience in video SW, VR/AR SW or editing SW.
- Industry experience and in-depth knowledge in video, media and editing.
- Data driven product management practice and fluency in analytics.
- Proven success in delivering new mobile and/or desktop SW products and features to market, gauging its success and continuous improvement in the products.
- Excellent verbal, written and documentation skills.
Bonus Points For
- In-depth experience in working with and managing geographically diverse teams.
- Passion for and interest in video, editing and media management.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $136,850 – $216,200. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.