Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission-critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars daily and ensures that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Your role is to understand our customer's needs and match them to products available within the payments industry to help optimize their payment interactions with Toast and make thoughtful tradeoffs with your resources. Your ability to communicate your prioritization decisions, technical nuances of problems, and the voice of the customer will help ensure millions of guests and servers across the country don’t have to think twice at the end of their joint experiences.
As we continue to scale, we seek an exceptional Sr. Product Manager specializing in Payments and Card Readers to join our team. In this role, you will play a critical part in crafting and delivering payment solutions that will impact millions of restaurants and their customers around the globe.
The Sr. Product Manager of Payments will oversee the strategy, development, and launch of innovative payment products and services. This role requires a unique blend of business acumen, user-centric design, and technical understanding of the payments ecosystem.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Collaborate with engineering, UX/UI, Marketing, Analytics, Sales, and other stakeholders to create best-in-class products that solve real problems. Crisply define problems and strategic rationale before designing solutions.
- Communicate roadmap and other decisions to all stakeholders
- Manage the entire product lifecycle, from conception to launch to iteration. Track performance and metrics to continuously improve our products.
- Support critical initiatives with market research, data analysis, and competitive intelligence. Monitor the payments industry and insights into the competitive landscape and best practices.
- Support and partner with Sales Enablement on Payments education initiatives
- Prioritize product features and customer needs using data-driven decisions.
- Lead customer research efforts to gather insights and validate product ideas.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to align on product strategy and communicate progress regularly.
- Establish success metrics and monitor the performance of your products against these goals.
- Use of Salesforce, Excel, Powerpoint, and SQL.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of product management experience, with at least 1+ year in the payments industry focusing on card readers
- Strong understanding of payment technology, card payment systems, and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to drive product strategy, roadmap, and go-to-market activities.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including Engineering, UX/UI, and Marketing.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data-driven decision-making.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial environment.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].