Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast’s Platform Product Team is looking for a Technical Product Manager who is passionate about data and the opportunities it offers. Data is the competitive differentiator for Toast which is enabled by a best-in-class set of platform capabilities. As the Data Platform product manager you will deeply understand the business needs and use that knowledge to drive the Data Platform roadmap.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Convey your vision through well researched product roadmaps, working closely with product leaders and engineers, and participate in all levels of team planning.
- Plan a technical & feature roadmap for the Data Platform Team, including meeting the needs of increased functionality and improved experience, keeping in mind the scale and growth of the Toast customer base.
- Work cross-functionally and cross-team to understand needs, challenges and workflows.
- Work with engineering to plan sprints, write user stories, and test product features, and manage releases of product features.
- Dig into challenging bugs and leverage product metrics to inform stakeholders and plan your product roadmap.
- Prepare executive-level presentations on your product strategy, roadmap, execution, and go-to-market plans.
- Keep your product ‘north star’ firmly at the forefront of your team’s vision.
- Report to and work closely with the Director of Product to help define a long term vision and roadmap for complex customer needs.
- Gain experience working in a cross-functional and strategic role
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Prior PM experience working on highly visible initiatives, collaborating with cross-functional teams to ship great products.
- Experience developing and launching products and services within the privacy, compliance and security space.
- You have a creative and entrepreneurial spirit, are a self starter and an analytical problem solver.
- You facilitate critical conversations with ease; you have no trouble working with and juggling the (at times) competing priorities of multiple teams operating in different countries.
- You approach problems with multiple solutions in mind, and quickly pivot when needed to better account for newly-discovered data and insight.
- You build and cultivate healthy relationships with partners and keep teammates informed and engaged. You customize your communication style based on your audience and easily switch between verbal and written communication as needed.
- Demonstrated experience taking team strategy into account when making roadmap decisions and effectively communicating those strategic ties to technical team members.
- Proven ability to make a meaningful impact on the product strategy through day-to-day product execution and your contributions to the roadmap.
- Strength in effectively making adjustments to direction or process to maximize impact for the customer and Toast, and owning those outcomes.
- A proven track record of solving amorphous problems, listening to and organizing large amounts of information into a coherent plan forward, and handling difficult prioritizations.
- A plus:
- Proven experience working with data related products.
- Proven experience working with the hospitality industry.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].