GoPro’s Software and User Experience Product Team is on a mission to deliver exceptional personal media experiences for everyone who loves to capture and transform their memories and wants to become a great content creator. As GoPro opens its ecosystem to serve anyone who uses any form of media capture device and enables our users to manage their media anywhere on any platform or device, our opportunities have never been this big. It is an exciting time for our product team to play a key role in the company's transformation to a software and service-centric company. The Sr. Product Manager, Desktop Editing, will run the effort to deliver GoPro’s key strategic desktop SW products that will empower our users to create, manage and share their exceptional videos.
What You Will Do
The key responsibilities include,
- Defining and building desktop editing solutions that are easy to use, innovative and cinematic and help variety of users with differing skill sets.
- Defining end to end user media experience and clear desktop product vision for the GoPro ecosystem
- As the product owner,
- Managing the product backlogs for desktop SW products
- Making important trade-off decisions
- Working with design and engineering teams to deliver products and features.
- Defining and managing the desktop product roadmap.
- Advocating user needs and translating them into technically feasible solutions aligned with company and business goals.
- Work with consumer insights and user research teams to understand and investigate user needs and translate them into executable product strategies.
- Team up with engineers to proactively solve customer problems.
- Driving execution from concept to launch to deliver results.
- Synthesize requirements and deliver solutions prioritizing product features based on market/business/technical/design feasibilities
- Clearly communicate the directions throughout the company to receive support
Skills We’re Excited About
- Deep understanding of video technologies and editing
- 5+ years of product management experience in software development.
- 5+ years of professional experience working in editing software and/or video products.
- Highly analytical with an ability to make choices using both quantitative and qualitative data.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or in a related technical field.
- Proven success in building a desktop SW.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present convincingly to internal stakeholders.
- Strong user empathy – be the advocate and champion of best user experience within the company.
- Proactive problem solver
- Passion for building awesome products
- Passion for video, editing and GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $131,325-$154,500.