Toast is a powerful and easy to use all-in-one restaurant platform that helps restaurants grow their businesses and delight their guests in new and innovative ways. Our mission is to empower the global restaurant community to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive.
To help achieve this mission, Toast is expanding and growing into new countries. We’ve recently expanded into Canada and plan to deepen that presence & grow significantly in 2023. Critical to this expansion is a strong product leader for the internationalization infrastructure & global services team. This position operates at a senior level, reporting to the Head of International Product, and will own critical decisions to empower teams across Toast to self-service their internationalization & translation needs. You will also be a founding member of our Canadian office and organization, with autonomy to design & launch localized customer experiences to our Canadian restaurants and diners. This is a unique opportunity for anyone who is inspired by building global scale products and forging a high-performance product team.
Location: This role is remote friendly but requires travel up to 25% of the time to visit local customers and sales teams in the Toronto area, as well as engineering teams in Boston, Dublin, and London.
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Define and execute on Global Services roadmap in partnership with engineers, designers and other product stakeholders. Establish the KPIs and metrics to measure and evaluate progress
- Evangelize internationalization and communicate progress & business results to leadership and R&D stakeholders. Drive adoption of i18n and l10n tooling and infrastructure to enable global-first localization and delivery
- Collaborate on the vision and strategy for translation at Toast, including selection of translation management systems and translation vendors
- Represent the voice of the Canadian customer: perform customer research and competitive market analysis to become the expert on regional needs and pain-points
- Work hands on with International customers & partners to develop a roadmap and execution plan to win the market, including expanding to new provinces like Quebec
- Integrate any Canadian acquisitions into Toast’s product experience
- Recruit, hire, manage, mentor, and retain product managers, designers & engineers focused on developing Toast into a truly global company
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years of technical product management experience
- 5+ years leading cross-functional teams that include in house engineering teams, UX research, design, and marketing
- Experience with software internationalization and localization programs with a record of successfully launching global products or platforms.
- Experience influencing, advocating, and aligning internationalization needs to company level priorities.
- Ability (and enjoyment) to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment, while also leading process improvement efforts
- Experience with global products across different markets, cultures, and languages; ability to work with distributed global teams
- Positive, creative & curious – you aren’t afraid to ask a lot of questions
- Founder mentality to work on 0-1 projects, strong ownership mindset
- Knowledge of restaurant and hospitality industry is a plus
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development programs
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Extended medical, dental, & vision cover
- Paid parental leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Retirement savings (RRSP) matching – Coming soon!
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].