Location: Remote USA. This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
On this team you are going to be responsible for delivering a number of programs aligned to GoPro’s Cloud and Web based platforms. GoPro is seeking a strong Program Manager who has a proven track record managing cross functional programs.
The person in this role will be responsible for driving infrastructure and R&D initiatives across multiple software engineering and product development teams. This is a non-technical role with a focus on program management of engineering led initiatives. GoPro is a global company with engineering teams in multiple locations, across different time zones. The ability and willingness to work with distributed teams across time zones is a key requirement for this role.
What You Will Do
- Plan, spearhead and manage cross-functional initiatives that may vary from simple to complex, multi-phase programs from initiation to general availability in the marketplace.
- Partner with Product Managers, program managers and Engineering Leads to develop project plans, estimate work efforts, identify dependencies, and resource plans to successfully develop the capability.
- Establish and execute on an effective communication plan for strategic engineering initiatives
- Assist engineering leaders in capacity planning and prioritization of strategic initiatives to align with available capacity.
- Anticipate change in advance and adopt a flexible approach to mitigate risk.
- Provide clarity on priorities, define trade-offs and communicate options to Business Leaders when needed.
- Drive discussions and decisions with actionable outcomes.
- Drive collaboration and communication across teams and stakeholders.
- Focus on outcomes, not just process.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Five or more years of experience in program management working with multiple cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and deliver large scale or complex initiatives across teams with competing priorities
- Ability to apply project management frameworks to the right scenarios.
- Succinct and clear communication skills (written, verbal and presentation), with ability to adjust style to suit the audience.
- Ability to quickly get to the core of an issue and plan a path forward.
- Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology
- Proficient with related software and collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, G-Suite, Slack).
- Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation, excellent interpersonal skills.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 90% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $119,850 – $195,500. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.