Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future. Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community.
The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for helping build out the People Team project management function to support our rapid growth, alongside the Chief of Staff for our People Team. Working closely with People Team leadership, the Senior Project Manager contributes to our success through management of large projects, leadership on people aspects of potential M&A due diligence and integration activities, and building an intake and prioritization strategy for People Team projects. The Senior Project Manager will partner with executive sponsors and senior leadership to define, build and operationalize our cross-functional project management process for the People Team. This position is best suited for a self-starter who thrives on designing operating models and providing structure. The ideal candidate should have: the ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a high level of energy and flexibility to get things done and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This is a highly visible, impactful role involving collaboration across the company at all levels.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Provide leadership for complex high impact projects related to People Team initiatives. Responsibilities include creation of project plans, leading project team activities, tracking progress, identification and mitigation of risks, tracking and communication of project status, and issue resolution.
- Serve as the People team liaison to any M&A project activities. Lead and conduct People team due diligence and integration efforts. Create tools that support M&A best practices.
- Assess project needs and select/implement most appropriate methods (predictive, agile, hybrid) to optimize project execution, ensuring team members are fully enabled to utilize the selected approach, methods, tools, and techniques.
- Identify, scope and schedule project deliverables, resources, milestones and required activities and tasks. Establish how project status and milestones will be tracked and reported.
- Provide analysis, status reports, and metrics to executive sponsors and senior management on a regular cadence.
- Analyze project communication needs and determine communication methods, channels, frequency and how content will be developed, with a particular focus on effective change management.
- Use strong business acumen to manage risk and escalate impediments through a defined process for faster decision making.
- Refine intake strategy and prioritization framework to ensure we are solving the right problems, in the right order that will drive the highest value and impact to business.
- Mentor, motivate and lead members of the project team. Ensure project team members take action and accountability for their assigned projects and workload.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Understanding of M&A space including experience with fundamental HR practice areas including employment, compensation, benefits, org design, HR operations and compliance.
- At least seven years of related project management experience, preferably within a People function. Project management skills and experience working through various project management methodologies
- Extraordinary influencer who is great at connecting the dots at the organization, strategy, program, and project levels.
- Proven capacity for identifying risks and managing trade-offs in a highly complex environment. Exemplary skills in bringing structure to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Results-oriented and metrics driven with a demonstrated sense of urgency to drive multiple projects to successful completion
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse, cross-functional project teams to successful outcomes.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in a related field a plus.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.