Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Business Systems QA Automation Engineer designs, engineers, and maintains a full suite of automated testing solutions, including performance, API, and UI tests, supporting Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise initiatives. This role acts as a subject matter expert for system health and automation best practices, contributing toward predictable delivery of quality releases.
About this Roll* (Responsibilities):
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine QA needs for all application change requests.
- Write automated tests using Cucumber/Java/Selenium/APIs
- Contribute to and enhance the POM automation framework in Java
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline for Business Systems
- Create and monitor performance tests using JMeter or similar tool
- Lead periodic release regression test cycles and UAT events
- Proactively bring issues to the attention of the team, and propose and implement solutions to solve them
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues
Do you have the right ingredients* (Experience)?
- Experience creating comprehensive automated test suites, using REST API and UI (Selenium) technologies
- Experience with version control tools (GitHub)
- Prior experience building and executing test plans on a complex software product within an Agile environment
- Proven experience identifying, replicating, and communicating bugs to appropriate team, and collaborating on a resolution plan
- Skilled at working with product owners and other internal teams to refine requirements as needed
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Bonus ingredients (a pinch of salt):
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
- Experience with JMeter or similar performance testing tools
- Experience with Splunk.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.