Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Senior Revenue Accountant will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager and is responsible for implementing revenue policies, reviewing revenue transactions, and ensuring that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Analyze revenue transactions to evaluate data integrity and proper treatment of transactions within the revenue subledger (RevPro)
- Collaborate with Legal, Sales, and Sales Operations teams to support non-standard deal structuring including approval of nonstandard pricing and contract terms and analyzing their impact on ASC 606 focusing on SSP, material rights, and variable consideration
- Perform technical accounting research and draft technical accounting memorandums to document accounting conclusions and positions
- Drive cross-functional projects; identify and document the impact of new products, programs, or system changes on existing accounting policies and processes
- Support the design, implementation, and execution of key revenue controls
- Perform month-end and quarter-end close activities including the preparation of financial statement disclosures
- Support internal and external audit requests
- Assist in special projects, including system implementations
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ plus years of revenue recognition experience, preferably a combination of experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm and / or related industry experience with in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards
- Bachelor's degree or higher in accounting
- Strong knowledge of revenue accounting standard ASC 606
- Ability to perform technical accounting research and apply applicable accounting guidance
- Advanced Excel skills with ability to synthesize and analyze large sets of data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios and topics to team members and supervisors in a clear, logical manner
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience with NetSuite, Salesforce, and RevPro is highly desirable
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) qualification preferred
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.