Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
The Salesforce Developer within the IT Business Systems team will collaborate with other developers, admins, QA and release managers to deliver new innovative solutions on the Salesforce platform. Toast has ambitious plans for the future, and this role will assist in making them happen.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Spends majority of their time working on Salesforce related development tasks, requiring a high degree of technical expertise, like:
- APEX triggers and Platform Event handlers
- Aura and Lightning Web components
- APEX batch processes
- VF pages
- REST Web Services
- Follows design, architecture and development best practices
- Actively involved in deployment processes
- Identification of affected components
- Merging of code with the rest of the code base
- Identification and resolution of merge conflicts
- Development of adequate tests that cover and validate code
- Assists in developing project estimates and plans for self
- Accurate sizing of stories based on SCRUM process
- On time delivery of work
- Timely escalation of blockers
- Proficiency troubleshooting issues
- Leverage Developer Console, Workbench and other troubleshooting tools
- Analyze Salesforce Debug Logs for errors and performance issues
- Proactively seeks out and keeps up-to-date on Salesforce technologies, related tools, and best practices
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2 – 4 years of Salesforce development experience (Lightning, VF, Apex) in an Enterprise environment
- Experience using Process Builders, Flows and other Salesforce platform tools
- Understanding of the Software Development Life cycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud and/or Sales Cloud (Experience Cloud a plus)
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline
- Salesforce Platform Developer and/or App Builder certifications
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Salesforce Platform Developer II Certification
- Experience using ServiceNow or similar tool
- Experience using Jira or similar
- Experience using version control tools (GitHub)
- Experience using Salesforce CI/CD tools (Copado)
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].