Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. Toast is looking for a Senior Security Operations Engineer to join our security team. You’ll work in tandem with our engineering teams to think about and act on security challenges throughout all phases of software development, as well as help design and build new features to enhance the security of the Toast platform. You will have a major impact on the overall direction of security at Toast as the team works to design and implement new approaches to application security. We love security innovators who stay informed about emerging threats and are always thinking about new and interesting solutions to match them.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Lead security response efforts raised from the remainder of the company, escalating as necessary
- Creating tools and processes to monitor, detect, and mitigate risks discovered
- Work with fellow security team members to influence the company to help architect positive security changes
- Identify anomalies generated by monitoring solutions within the environment
- Create signatures and tools to analyze and detect malicious activity within AWS and corporate environments
- Leverage EDR solution to respond to suspicious/malicious activity and continuously baseline solution
- Lead or contribute to threat hunting efforts
- Leverage programming languages to solve problems and automate solutions to security findings
- Foster a security mindset with our development teams by working with security champions
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience with programming or scripting languages
- Experience leveraging programming languages to solve problems and automate solutions
- Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services(AWS) cloud application architecture and best security practices
- Familiarity with penetration testing tools
- Understanding of Red team/Blue team activities
- Experience with threat modeling/incident response and tabletop exercises
- Experience with Splunk as a centralized logging service and SIEM
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Can be Fully Remote in US or Hybrid near a Toast Office.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.