We are a rapidly growing company that’s revolutionizing how the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an extraordinary commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, team management, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help craft the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Do you like to solve complex problems at scale? Toast is looking for a Software Developer to join our Employee Cloud team. A restaurant’s employees are a critical part of every restaurant. We need your help to revolutionize our payroll and team management products used by thousands of restaurants and hundreds of thousands of employees every day.
Some projects we’ve been working on recently include:
- Automating the entire restaurant tip management process from point of sale to payroll
- Allowing restaurants to self onboard themselves in order to facilitate the rapid expansion of our customer base
- Re-architecting our monolithic systems into microservices, utilizing AWS technologies
As a Senior Software Developer on the Employee Cloud team, you will be:
- Crafting, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participating in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations
- Building new features and products
- Surveying and evaluating available technology options
- Actively contributing to product design and roadmap discussions
- Participating in code reviews
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Passionate about building great software
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning
- Known for having a get unblocked attitude
- Enjoy collaborating with and mentoring colleagues
- Willingness to make continuous improvements to teams and technology
- Prior experience with distributed systems, microservices, frontend technologies, and databases is a plus
Our Tech Stack:
We have a pretty varied tech stack! We are entirely in AWS with many microservices. Our teams use a mix of Kotlin, .NET, and Node. We primarily use React on the frontend and a combination of Aurora MySQL, DynamoDB, and Postgres for databases.
We leverage infrastructure as code and invest heavily in build, testing, and deployment automation.
- Flexible PTO + 11 Paid Holidays
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- No Cost Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.