Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build new FinTech capabilities. As well as providing a cutting edge point of sale system for restaurants, Toast also processes billions of dollars of payments, and offers best-in-class financial service solutions to our customers. As we build new solutions to meet the needs of our customers, we are also focused on optimising for extensibility, resilience and scalability, using continuous delivery tools & methodology. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of products.
About this roll*
As a Senior Software Engineer on our team, you will:
- Collaborate on the design of a new innovative settlements platform that will optimise restaurants credit card payouts, seamlessly processing of millions of financial transactions daily
- Develop an expert understanding of Toast’s payments processing platform and related FinTech offerings, e.g. lending
- Contribute & gain experience at every stage of platform build including, solution design, estimation, writing & reviewing code, testing and maintaining a set of highly performant services that make up our Fintech offering
- Collaborate with UX, PM, QA and Engineering to build best-in-class solutions in a complex and fast-moving environment
- Champion best practices such as quality integration and unit testing
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experience with continuous delivery of high quality, reliable and scalable services to production
- Proficient in Java, Kotlin or other object oriented language(s)
- Experience working in a team with Agile/Scrum methodology
“Our Spread of Total Rewards”
- Option to work hybrid or in office in Dublin, or remotely across Ireland
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java 8 and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. Toast stores data in a set of sharded Postgres databases and utilizes Apache Spark for large scale data workloads including query and batch processing. The front-end is built primarily using React and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin. For data between tablets and our cloud platform we operate RabbitMQ clusters as well as direct tablet communication to the back end.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].