Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
The Toast POS app is the central pillar of Toast’s restaurant products. Every day, many thousands of servers, hosts, bartenders, and chefs use Toast’s POS to serve millions of guests!
Our team strives to make their experience as smooth and efficient. When we do our job well, the restaurant staff can focus on doing what they love: providing great food and service.
Our POS app is built on an Android, Java/Kotlin, and AWS platform that packages up all of the complexity of restaurant operations into a simple UI that anyone in the restaurant can use. To configure POS features, users login to our React web UIs.
Our team tackles a mix of technical, product, and UX challenges during projects like:
- New app features to support new market segments
- Optimizing the usability of POS configuration for first-time users
- Innovative integrations of third-party ordering (e.g. Doordash) and online ordering features with in-restaurant operations
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, and deliver features of Toast POS
- Ensure quality by building automated testing for changes
- Roll features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Collaborate with UX and PM on the definition and design of features
- Collaborate with team to plan and estimate work
- Work with experienced engineers to get design and code review
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Comfortable working in Java
- Mobile experience or interest in learning more about Android
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a team environment with a shared code-base
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.