Location: Remote Romania – This role can be performed anywhere in Romania
About Data Science Engineering (DSE)
DSE at GoPro is responsible for our in-house data platform infrastructure, data engineering, automated data analytics reporting, and ML Ops platform. We are responsible for enabling and empowering our partners in product engineering, software engineering, product analytics, marketing, and subscription business to make data-driven decisions by providing infrastructure, tools, services, and visualization to access data and business reports. We also prepare data and metrics to support data scientists and business operations.
About the role:
The ideal candidate is an experienced software engineer focused on understanding business requirements and designing & developing data solutions in a big-data ecosystem. The candidate with a passion for analyzing the data, understanding its relationship and sharing insights with the combination of building & optimizing data systems and software engineering best practices.
What you will likely do:
- Understand business requirements, assess the level of effort, and break down the development solution to the granular task level.
- Work with business and engineering/solution teams to understand the upstream data sources / raw datasets and develop data models to build quality datasets.
- Plan, design, develop, test, deploy, document and support data pipeline solution for ingesting, storing, processing, and querying data at scale.
- Create and maintain documentation and technical specification.
- Create metrics and graphs to visualize and validate datasets.
- Contribute to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues
Skills We’re excited About:
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of demonstrable ability in designing & developing highly scalable, and fit-for-purpose data solutions, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another quantitative field.
- Strong software development experience with proficiency in Scala or Java.
- You are passionate about the architecture of the Big Data Technology stack consisting of layers: Data Modeling, Data Lakehouse, Data Pipeline, and Data Analytics.
- Have experience in designing and building scalable/reliable data pipelines using the Big Data ecosystem (Hive/Spark/Databricks/Presto/Kafka/Airflow or equivalents).
- Experienced in creating, modifying, and querying database entities (tables, views) using optimized SQL for performance and knowledge in data warehouse data models.
- Experienced in the design/implementation of scalable and reliable services using AWS or other cloud services.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning Model Operationalization (MLOps) is a plus.
- You have the capability to synthesize business requirements and construct technical requirements.
- You are a strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail and can tackle loosely defined problems.
- Skilled in written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate in a clear, collaborative, open-minded, and effective manner with both technical and non-technical peers.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear;
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- Gym fee compensation
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.