Location: Remote France – This role can be performed anywhere in France
On this team you are going to be responsible for helping GoPro build tools that allows our user community to easily manage their GoPro content so they can share their content and personal stories with the world! This means being excited by solving complex problems on a massive scale, with a variety of interdependent solutions. Our software engineers work in tactical teams that have a direct impact on the products they build, to help bring GoPro content to life for millions of GoPro customers and community members all over the globe. We are looking for product delivery-oriented software engineers excited by big problems.
The person in this role will be responsible for building fast and reliable backend services for the GoPro Subscriptions ecosystem using Golang. In this role you will work in the development of Microservices primarily in Golang(note that knowledge of Golang is a nice to have but in lieu candidates are required to have good OOP fundamentals) In addition, we work with the latest technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, GitHub Actions, AWS stack (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, DynamoDB, S3, SQS), Kafka, and we constantly try to be up-to-date with the latest libraries/ technologies/patterns.
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trust you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another. We’re excited to empower our employees to live their desired lifestyle and show up as the best versions of themselves.
Work with leading edge technologies. We believe that using the latest and greatest technology will provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We encourage employees to cultivate creative solutions and bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Build, maintain and improve Golang applications for the GoPro Subscriptions ecosystem
- Maintain the associated CI/CD pipelines for the Subscriptions ecosystem
- Prepare releases to Production
- Do code review for colleague’s work
- Architect and design solutions before development starts
- Document the implemented solution
- Provide estimations and estimate LOE
- Work together with QA, Program and Product to achieve sprint and projects delivery
Skills We’re Excited About
- Degree in CS, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with:
- Building Backend Applications, architecting components of complex systems, code optimizations/performance, all in a security compliant manner
- Programming concepts: code structures, memory management, closures, concurrency … preferred in Golang or Java
- Packages dependency management preferred in Golang or Java
- Design and Implement REST APIs
- Design and implement distributed systems: Messaging, Queues, Workers
- Nice to have experience with databases: Modelling, CRUD operations, querying SQL and NoSQL databases
- Nice to have experience with Subscriptions management, Payments processing
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration such as Amazon ECS or similar
- Proficiency in using Git and software integration tools
- Continuous Delivery (CD) / Continuous Integration (CI) pipeline experience
Bonus Points For
- Development experience in an Agile environment
- Collaborative experience working with engineers and great communication skills
- Ability to analyze and review current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement
- Strong work ethic with good time management and the ability to work with diverse projects
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus;
- Fully stocked fridges with snacks galore;
- Gym fee compensation;
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro);
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
#Golang #Cloud #Java #Ruby #Python #microservices #flexible