Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is Starling® positioning engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
As a member of the Cloud Engineering team, you will develop and operate services and infrastructure to run our leading cloud-based navigation corrections service. These services are being deployed globally and need to be highly available, to bring high precision, autonomous navigation systems to the forefront of the industry.
Our service-oriented architecture runs scientific modeling, and uses distributed message brokers for connected satellite navigation receivers.
We value a strong sense of ownership, service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. We are looking for creative problem solvers and people who can develop and operate great services. You will be part of the team that owns the provisioning, scalability, availability, and maintenance of our multi-cluster cloud platform. You will participate in operating infrastructure-as-code, integration/deployment automation wherever possible, and maintain production-critical services across many Kubernetes clusters.
We love to meet great people, so even if you don't tick every single box, apply anyway!
- You will design and implement services and applications that are part of our global GNSS corrections service product
- You will participate in a globally distributed team of cloud engineers that operates the cloud platform and the deployed services
- You will champion automation, infrastructure-as-code, security, DevOps practices, and CI/CD to Swift’s development teams
- Solid programming experience for developing scalable services and applications
- Extensive experience with managing and building services on cloud infrastructure
- Experience with monitoring, logging, and metrics infrastructure
- Experience with container-based infrastructure and orchestration
- Experience with automated configuration and infrastructure-as-code
- A solid understanding of distributed systems (pitfalls, scaling issues, residency, integrity) to include algorithms, data structures, data stores, and the use of database systems in these environments
- Experience creating and operating scalable and highly-available production services
- Have launched a cloud service from scratch
- Success in implementing and promoting continuous integration and deployment
- Creating and integrating services with REST and RPC interfaces
- Creating build and deployment pipelines
- Experience with security protocols and how to architect secure cloud infrastructure
We don’t expect you to know all these technologies, and we’re hoping for you to push us forward to better technologies where useful
- AWS, Docker, Kubernetes (EKS)
- Using wide range of AWS services (e.g. Lambda, Cognito, Athena, DynamoDB, Transit Gateways/VPN, RDS)
- Build/CI/CD: Jenkins, Github Actions, modern CD tools (e.g. ArgoCD/Spinnaker)
- Prometheus/Grafana/Loki for metrics and monitoring
- Python and Golang for infrastructure/DevOps
- React/Redux/Express/Redis/Auth0/Stripe for web frontend services
- Terraform and Python for automating infrastructure
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49