Swift Navigation provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass-market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is Starling® positioning engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is enabling a future of autonomous vehicles to navigate and understand the world. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @Swiftnav
As a member of the Data Platform team, you will develop and operate services and infrastructure to collect, visualize and analyze location data from fleets of IoT devices. You will be building a toolkit for location-enabled applications across the last-mile delivery, machine automation, and fleet management industries. The product team consists of software engineers, product managers, and works closely with the CTO. We are designing systems to ingest real-time location data from tens of thousands of customer devices and transform that data into business intelligence to provide solutions to a wide range of customers
We value a strong sense of ownership, service, and integrity demonstrated through clear communication. We are looking for creative problem solvers and people who can develop and operate great services.
We love to meet great people, so even if you don't tick every single box, apply anyway!
- You will design and implement services and applications that are part of our GNSS data platform
- You will participate in a globally distributed team of engineers that utilizes the cloud platforms to deliver services
- You will champion adoption of best practices for building data pipelines and responsive web applications
- Solid programming experience for developing scalable web services and applications
- Experience with container-based infrastructure and orchestration
- Extensive experience with managing and building services on cloud infrastructure
- A solid understanding of distributed systems (pitfalls, scaling issues, residency, integrity) to include algorithms, data structures, data stores, and the use of database systems in these environments
- Implement scalable and reliable systems for ingestion, processing, and real-time analysis of large, disparate data sets from diverse sources
- Have developed and deployed a cloud web application from scratch
- Have created and integrated services with RESTful and gRPC interfaces
- Experience with event-driven architectures and pub-subs or message queues
- Experience with security protocols and how to architect secure cloud infrastructure
We don’t expect you to know all these technologies, and we’re hoping for you to push us forward to better technologies where useful
- React+Redux in Typescript for developing the frontend of web applications
- Golang for backend Restful and gRPC services
- Postgres or other RDBMS for transaction processing
- Redshift/Clickhouse/Athena for analytical workloads
- Apache Spark for microbatch processing or Apache Flink for stream processing of data streams
- Flexible vacation, competitive salary, employer covered health insurance, 401(k), flexible spending, HSA.
- Tech talks, mentorship programs, employee events.
- Growth and learning opportunities from a tech environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers, executive staff and professionals.
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status or other defining characteristics.
Swift Navigation will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of SFPC Art.49