Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Food delivery is a multi-billion dollar a year opportunity for our restaurants, who rely on a combination of their own drivers and third-party platforms such as Grubhub and DoorDash to reach a wide pool of guests. Delivery has become even more critical to our restaurants due to dine-in restrictions and a shifting environment during the pandemic. At Toast, we’re helping our restaurants to realize this opportunity by:
- Putting the restaurant first and enabling them to easily choose, sign up, and configure the best ordering and delivery platforms for their business
- Smoothly integrating delivery orders into our restaurants’ kitchens and operations
- Ensuring food reaches its destination quickly and accurately, with minimal wait time for drivers and guests
Our 3POD Team (Third-party Ordering and Delivery) tackles this mission with a broad set of technologies including React SPAs, inbound and outbound APIs, and Kotlin/Java services running in AWS. The 3POD team collaborates with many engineering teams at Toast (Orders, Menus, Online Ordering, and more) to offer end-to-end solutions that help restaurants succeed and provide guests with great food at home. Pulling it all together requires building great technology, analyzing real-world data to optimize operations, and focusing on the user experience of restaurant staff and delivery drivers.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build, and deliver features for Toast’s third-party ordering and delivery products across the full technology stack (mostly Kotlin, some Java, some React JS)
- Ensure quality by baking* in automated testing for changes
- Roll* features out to customers, including monitoring for success
- Collaborate with UX and Product Management on the definition and design of features
- Collaborate with team to plan and estimate work
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Comfortable working in AWS with a high-level programming language, like Java
- Kotlin experience is a plus
- Experience building and maintaining production services
- Focused on delivering positive impact for Toast customers
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment with a shared code-base
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.