Swift Navigation, Inc. provides precise positioning solutions for automotive, autonomous vehicle, mobile and mass market applications. What began as the GNSS industry’s first low-cost, high-accuracy, real-time kinematic (RTK) receiver has evolved into a Swift Navigation ecosystem of positioning solutions for autonomous applications. From the nationwide GNSS corrections delivered from the cloud by the Skylark™ precise positioning service, the hardware-independent, integrated software solution that is the Starling® Positioning Engine to the centimeter-level accurate Piksi® Multi and ruggedized Duro® and Duro Inertial RTK receivers, Swift Navigation is building a safer and more efficient future by changing the way we navigate and understand every centimeter of our planet. Learn more online at swiftnav.com, follow Swift on Twitter @SwiftNav.
Swift Navigation is looking for an outstanding Senior Software Engineer to work on developer tooling, data analysis pipelines and polyglot APIs in our Developer Infrastructure team. You will be working with a small team to push the state of the art in satellite navigation technology, making high accuracy positioning ubiquitous and easy to use across a wide variety of industries and applications in unmanned aerial vehicles, robotics and autonomous transportation. Our team focuses on the tools and services necessary to support an engineering organization in the analysis and qualification of multiple software products and embedded devices — we work with huge datasets over a diverse set of product areas, which are operated in many challenging environments to prove their fitness. You will own the full lifecycle of development for important new features, beginning with prototyping and design, through implementation, testing, verification and release.
We love to meet great people, so even if you don't tick every single box, apply anyway!
You should have skills and experience with:
- Experience with database language theories, database design, SQL and database programming
- Application or back-end development in Java, C++, Python (with types), or TypeScript
- Linux tools and scripting (e.g. Bash)
- Version control tools / Git
- 5+ years relevant experience
We prefer you possess skills in one or more of:
- Strong foundation in data analytics (statistics)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS), Docker and Kubernetes
- Rust or a statically typed functional language (or a desire to learn!)
- Dashboard design and/or web development
- Automated test infrastructure design and implementation
At Swift, we're on the cutting edge of emerging technologies and techniques looking to adopt the best in class solutions to solve new and existing problems. Incorporating new languages and tools (Rust, Haskell and NixOS) into our development workflow, we're seeking like minded engineers to help iterate our technology stack.
- Flexible vacation and competitive salary
- Tuition benefit for training or online classes, fully stocked technical library
- Tech talks by guest speakers and company experts
- Work from home equipment budget
- Growth and learning opportunities from a startup environment include working closely with an international team of scientists, engineers, platform architects, programmers and professionals
Our main office is located in San Francisco, in Melbourne we are located in Abbotsford and offer flexible in office or work from home options. We offer unlimited vacation days, competitive salary and benefits, and stock options. For Australian candidates we comply with all local mandates, including those for superannuation and minimum annual leave. We also have a casual work environment, hackathons and tech talks to push the professional growth of all our employees. Come join us!
Swift Navigation is a diverse and inclusive team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability status, or other defining characteristics.