Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
DevX handles all build engineering and pipelines at Toast. We are responsible for the infrastructure, test platforms, tooling, and build systems required to fully automate our development pipelines. As a senior engineer in DevX you will be deeply involved in building out our new high-scaling ‘Build, Test, Deploy’ platform, and in the design and development of systems that Toast will need as it grows.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Utilize Java/Kotlin skills to build and extend our high scaling internal CI/CD platform
- Lead by example with your code standards and design, and help implement these across both the DevX team and R&D in general
- Interact with Toast’s development teams; our tools should ease their process
- Extend our cloud based pipeline and testing infrastructure, including green-field scenarios. Sometimes what we need does not exist yet!
- Work with a wide array of technologies including Java/Kotlin based micro services and APIs, Docker containers, AWS Cloud infrastructure and Terraform, automation systems, Jenkins and CI services, and even a physical device farm for automated hardware testing
Do you have the right ingredients? (Requirements)
- A polyglot technologist with a broad spectrum understanding of modern software tooling and development pipelines
- Understanding of Unix/Linux environments
- Experience with Git/Github
- 1+ years of Cloud experience (AWS preferred)
- 2+ years of professional Java development
- Experience with Docker, and container solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; timely communication with clear expectations
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.