Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Payments / Fintech teams at Toast operate one of the most critical portions of the Toast infrastructure: processing payments on behalf of our restaurants and ensuring that restaurants are paid in a timely manner. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers; we process millions of dollars in transactions per day. We are looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer to join our team.
As a senior engineer on our team, you will:
- Design, build and maintain highly resilient, flexible and scalable architecture by collaborating closely with PM
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and team output is high quality
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements
- Mentor and guide your peers, while also learning from their diverse experiences
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- Respectful, empathetic, and humble
- Focused on getting the right things done
- Experience in fintech/SaaS/transaction processing, a plus but definitely not necessary
We are hiring individuals with a wide range of experience so if you have more or less than these exact roles, please still apply!
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, dental, & vision coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- 100% paid childbirth recovery medical leave
- 16 weeks of 100% paid parental leave
- Eligibility for 100% paid medical or family leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Home office and telecommunications stipends
- Free access to Certified Financial Planners
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java/Kotlin and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in Postgres and DynamoDB. We are using Apache Pulsar to communicate between modules. The front-end is built primarily using React and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin.
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.