Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Bready* to make a change?
The Business Platform Services team at Toast provides core APIs and services on which customer experiences are built. We are at the very core of Toast, as we own the management of customers’ business data, enable the configuration of restaurants and software modules they use, and run a service for resilient communication between the Toast engineering ecosystem and business systems platforms such as Salesforce. In addition to the microservices we own, we also build single-page apps to administer these services. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to help it grow and further develop these services.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Implement, monitor, and maintain microservices and associated user interfaces with guidance from our product manager and product designers
- Review code to ensure that technical implementation meets functional requirements, as well as our high standards for code quality and testing
- Collaborate with the rest of Toast’s R&D and Business Systems to build integrations to push data to downstream operational systems
- Ensure that our systems are performant, scalable, resilient and highly available
- Mentor and guide less experienced engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proven track record of technical leadership and collaboration on complex projects
- Proficiency with SQL and relational databases
- Experience building frontend experiences using React or other Web UI technologies
- Hands-on experience building REST-ful microservices in Java, Kotlin, OO languages
- Passion to solve complex problems and to build great software
Special Sauce* (Bonus Skills):
- Exposure to system integrations, ERP and domain-driven design
Our Spread of Total Rewards:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.