Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast's Infrastructure Engineering manages the full breadth of Infrastructure at Toast. We are not your usual sys-admin based Ops group, we are software engineers writing code, architectural designs, and IaC in AWS. We write software automation solutions to manage cloud infrastructure, enabling Toast to scale world-wide safely and securely.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Utilize strong software development skills to help build out our automation platform
- Lead by example with code standards and design; help implement these across the Infrastructure org
- Interact with Toast’s development teams; our tools should ease their process
- Provides expertise on the platform engineering, while overseeing the team’s effort and meeting customer needs.
- Communicates with product stakeholders and customers and integrates their needs with development to meet business objectives.
- Work with a wide array of technologies, including Golang; Python; micro-services and APIs; Docker containers; AWS Cloud infrastructure; Terraform automation systems
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A software developer who wants to build virtual infrastructure systems
- 3 years of hands-on experience developing large-scale distributed systems or networks, infrastructure as code automation, API development (REST, GRPC ) and config management.
- A polyglot technologist with a broad spectrum understanding of modern software tooling and development
- A solid understanding of Unix/Linux environments
- Solid experience with Git/Github; SDLC; Agile (scrum/kanban)
- Familiarity with AWS, Terraform, containers, monitoring, logging, and telemetry systems such a Datadog, NewRelic, Splunk, APM
- A ‘get things done’ attitude and track record of success
- Excellent written, spoken, and listening communication skills
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].