Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you bready* for a change?
Toast has grown to be a leading hospitality software company in the US and is now setting its sights on the global stage. To achieve that we are forming a team with the singular focus of enabling restaurants outside the US to gain the great benefits of Toasts Software and Hardware technologies.
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our International team in Dublin. This new team builds experiences which enable Toastʼs customers to meet the needs of their guests with a mission to deliver an industry-best experience. Partnering with stakeholders, product managers, product designers, and other engineers, you will be part of a team developing a best-in-class solution that delivers functionality that delights.
If you want to be at the fore of creating something tangible that is used every day and take on the challenge of scaling a SaaS product from millions to hundreds of millions of users, Toast is the place for you.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Be part of a team working collaboratively with UX, PM, QA and other engineers building web applications using modern web technologies
- Iterate on our technical approach in support of our international strategy, helping set the vision for all of R&D
- Provide design feedback and participate in code reviews to ensure implementations meet requirements
- Define best practices and help choose technologies to evolve our current tech stack while writing world-class applications
- Drive initiatives to support our international growth
- Mentor and coach other engineers
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Proficient in modern web and backend technologies (Java, Kotlin, React or equivalents)
- Interested in working across the technology stack to solve real world problems
- Enjoys building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace an agile mindset focused on delivering usable software.
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, UnitTest, BDD)
- i18n and l10n experience a big plus
What we use to make our dish (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development reimbursement program
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Pension and matching
- Extended medical cover
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Expanded parental leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
*We love a great bread/food pun
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].