Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Are you interested in using the latest technology to help our customers build amazing relationships with their guests? You will be helping to create the next generation of engagement experiences. We have a wide range of products that are instrumental to the success of our customers. Your mission would be to be part of the guest relationship management team, building features to empower restaurants to create meaningful interactions with their guests, utilizing rich guest datasets to help them grow.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and maintain high performing, flexible and scalable solutions
- Build APIs for easily accessing our data internally and externally
- Create products and features that help restaurants understand what their guests are doing
- Collaborate with team members and other engineers across the company
- Advocate best coding practices to raise the bar for you, your team and the company
- Mentor engineers on your team, and across engineering, supporting them in their growth
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience delivering high quality, reliable services to production using Java, Kotlin or other object-oriented languages
- Proficient in Software Development best practices (Code Quality, Unit Test, BDD)
- Experience supporting and debugging a large multi-threaded application
- Enjoys and is passionate about building well-engineered, usable and accessible systems
- Exposure to distributed systems, scaling challenges, SaaS, SQL, & Pulsar is a plus
- Experience mentoring engineers, with the ability to communicate technical topics to a varied audience.
- Experience working with big data sets and tools, and database performance a plus.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services.
- React SPAs leveraging Tailwind, GraphQL and Storybook.
- Android app built in Java & Kotlin running in the restaurant.
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence.
- Pulsar, Camel and RabbitMQ for message-based integrations.
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.