Location: Remote USA. This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
Cloud Engineering at GoPro is responsible for the backend micro-services platform that powers our front-end experiences and device interactions for millions of users. We operate a globally distributed platform that enables our customers to capture, curate, edit and share their life’s experiences. We are agile, ship software on a regular cadence, and own the quality of the service and user experience. We pride ourselves on delivering high quality services that generate measurable business value.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join the GoPro Cloud Media Services Team. As a member of this team, you will help develop and operate a world class media management platform that operates cost-effectively at Internet scale. This includes ingestion of content from GoPro cameras and applications, video transcoding, image manipulation, media discovery services, large scale object storage, telemetry, and streaming playback.
What You Will Do
- Architecting improvements and introducing new functionality to the GoPro Cloud ecosystem
- Design and build a suite of cloud based micro-services that have complex interdependent and multi-nodal interactions, supporting tens of thousands of simultaneous users across the globe
- Own the service from design to implementation and operation, working in two-week sprints with continuous integration
- Participate in cross-functional discussions to help define the product
- Enhance and maintain our internal frameworks and tools to enable rapid development
- Take ownership of projects that matter from technical design to implementation
- Code in Ruby and Go
Skills We’re Excited About
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of related experience preferred
- Experience with large scale object storage, media processing, and streaming
- Experience developing and scaling services in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- Experience with one of the major cloud providers: AWS, GCP, Azure (AWS preferred)
- Demonstrable ability to plan and execute complex software solutions using agile methodologies
- Ability to mentor other engineers on the team and across the organization
- In-depth understanding and demonstrable coding skills in Ruby or Go
- Collaborative experience working with Product Managers and other engineers
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just, and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The pay range for this role is between $113,050 – $194,350. Actual pay within the range is dependent on multiple factors, including your residence location and prior work experience. Equity, benefits, and a discretionary bonus may be additional forms of compensation for this role and are not included in the provided pay range.