Restaurants navigate unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Toast’s mission is to build the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Toast is building out a New Ventures business unit with the goal of researching, developing, and scaling a new generation of products and business lines that can have a substantial impact on Toast’s long-term growth. We are searching for a rockstar software engineer to help us with our new strategic brand focused advertising initiatives. The ideal candidate will be able to take high level requirements and build scalable data and advertising solutions across our stack.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design and develop complex software systems, including back-end services, APIs, and data processing systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, data scientists, and other engineers to identify and implement software solutions that meet business objectives
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior engineers on the team
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends in ad tech or data, and recommend solutions that can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ years of experience in software development, with a focus on back-end systems
- Strong experience in at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, or Kotlin
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret data to make informed decisions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs and microservices architecture
- Self-motivated and proactive with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of SEO, SEM, and other digital marketing tactics is a plus.
- Ability to take high level requirements and drive implementation
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience in an early stage technology startup.
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].