Location: Remote USA – This role can be performed anywhere from the United States.
You should be comfortable working in Mac OS X as your primary system and with using the UNIX command line on both local and remote systems. You should have some familiarity with Windows for cross-platform testing and be familiar with major concerns of cross-browser and cross-platform testing. You should have some exposure to mobile testing (iOS and/or Android) in the context of web or mobile application testing.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the product, program, and development to efficiently build and test features in bi-weekly sprints
- Plan and document test cases
- Participate in internal and external bug scrubs and in agile ceremonies
- Performance test the microservices and web applications
Skills We Are Excited About:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in quality assurance engineering
- Experience building and extending test frameworks and test scripts (you must know how to write automation tests rather than simply execute them)
- Experience testing API/SDK as a white box or automation engineer
- Familiar with Git, Jenkins CI frameworks, ability to dive in and build test front end, back end test frameworks
- Recent, hands-on experience with scripting in at least one of the following: Ruby, Shell, Perl, Python, Java, C, C++, C#
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug, and identify the relevant information in reporting a defect
- Ability to communicate technical information, verbally and in writing, in a manner digestible to all stakeholders (development, design, management)
- Solid understanding of software test methodologies and the role of a Software Engineer in Test in an Agile environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
Bonus Points For
- Experience with Ruby on rails, Go, node.js
- Experience development and test automation of RESTful APIs
- Experience using cloud architecture load testing, using tools like LoadRunner, JMeter
- Experience writing SQL and experience with a modern RDBMS
- Experience using Selenium WebDriver to drive web UI tests
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $132,600-$156,000