Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
As Engineering Manager, you will help shape multiple teams creating a new strategic & innovative payouts product line, handling millions of transactions across tens of thousands of restaurants per day. You will grow the skills of your teams over time. You love finding creative ways to help your teams become more efficient. You will connect your teams’ work to Toast’s broader mission. You are interested in the technical work, and have enough experience and judgment to ensure that engineers are moving in the right direction. On a given day, you might be reviewing design documents and PRs, coordinating discussions between teams, collaborating on roadmaps with architectural and product stakeholders, and conducting 1:1s with team members.
About this roll*: (Responsibilities)
- Drive delivery of business outcomes across multiple teams, including planning and execution
- Collaborate closely with PM and UX to get actionable, valuable work defined for the team
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership make sure the OKRs and KPIs of the area are healthy
- Keep product quality high in collaboration with QA
- Ensure end-to-end delivery of software, including team ownership of monitoring and production issue remediation
- Coach individuals in professional and technical development
- Mentor both new and experienced Team Leads
- Grow teams to meet business needs via recruiting
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years mentoring and growing successful teams
- Experience writing, delivering, and operating software in a SaaS environment
- A bias towards action, with the ability to balance between getting things done and making things perfect
- A strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates
- A desire to build a diverse team that wins together and prioritizes customer success
What we use to make our dish: (Our Tech Stack)
- A core of Java & Kotlin based backend services
- React SPAs
- PostgresQL and Dynamodb as core persistence
- Pulsar and Camel for message-based integrations
- And many more technologies that help us build a top class platform
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Peer and company recognition programs
- Pension plan
- Health insurance family plan
- Maternity and paternity leave
- Commuter benefits, bike to work
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.