Uhnder is the pioneer of digital imaging radar technologies focused on revolutionizing the world of mobility by offering the best-performing radar sensors, enabling safer mobility for both people and goods. Founded in 2015 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Uhnder has more than 250 employees worldwide, and we’re expanding as we continue to grow in both the automotive and automated mobility segments. Uhnder offices are in St. Louis, MO and Santa Clara, CA; with design centers in Toronto, Canada; Chennai and Bengaluru, India; and Shanghai, China.
Uhnder is the industry’s only supplier of digital imaging radar chips and modules. Uhnder’s radar-on-chip and sensor modules are based on Digital Code Modulation, enabling highest-resolution and highest-contrast digital perception for ADAS, AVs, and logistics automation systems. Our digital imaging radar chip and sensor modules perceive objects that cameras, lidar, traditional analog radar, and the human eye can easily miss due to either poor ambient conditions or performance limitations.
Senior/Staff Engineer – DSP Software
As a DSP Staff Engineer, you will join a team of signal processing, systems and software experts to design, implement and deploy the next generation of algorithms for radar signal processing.
What you’ll be doing (Essential Functions):
- Lead a team of talented DSP software engineers by setting benchmark with individual technical contribution
- Manage Sprint planning, monitor execution and increase productivity of the team by taking corrective actions
- Work with systems and algorithm experts to adapt and finalize reference code implementations in Matlab and C++
- Implement algorithms on embedded solutions and optimize performance on VLIW/SIMD cores for maximum throughput and lowest latency
- Work closely with systems and test engineers to create test suites and validate implementations against synthetic test cases and real-world data sets
- Create write-up of software requirements and architecture to facilitate implementation and testing of features, adhering to ASPICE process
- Lead and perform design, code review with peers and system experts in the organization
- Deliver production software that meets ongoing customer needs and comply with ISO9001 and ISO26262
Here’s what you’ll need to be considered:
- B.E/B. Tech/M. E/M. Tech degree in EE/CS with 8+ years of relevant experience
- Expert programmer in C/C++ and Matlab
- Expertise in optimization of performance on embedded VLIW/SIMD DSPs e.g. Tensilica Vision series or similar vector processors.
- Experience of memory hierarchy, cache architecture, data movement accelerator and their impact on performance.
- Experience of hands-on programming on System on Chip with heterogeneous multi-core environment
- Experience in signal processing algorithm design and implementation
- Exposure in multimedia, communication or similar high-complexity and performance-critical domain
- Exposure in Agile development delivering results in a dynamic collaborative environment
- Familiarity with ASPICE compliant software development process
- Experience in Signal Processing
- Should have worked on Algorithm Development
- Research oriented work with implementation for a product is desirable
- Very familiar with Matlab
- Should have insight into DSP optimized implementation
- Should have worked on domains like Radar, Wireless Communications (base stations), MIMO, Video/Audio Processing etc.,
Challenge Convention | Stay Scrappy | Decide through Data | Protect Promises | Be Better
Equal Opportunities and Accommodations Statement
Uhnder is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.