GoPro delivers a set of world-class, cross platform, video editing applications on iOS, Android, MacOS and Windows that are collectively used by millions of people each month. These tools enable users to easily build incredible videos of their life events and share them with their family and friends.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Software Engineer familiar with media analysis and editing techniques and excited by putting groundbreaking storytelling features in production.
What You Will Do
- Work closely with Creative Technologists to develop new tools, frameworks, APIs and automated test suites, enabling them to improve and deliver state of the art editing features.
- Explore new editing techniques and paradigms via POCs, and drive them to production.
- Collaborate with Computer Vision and Machine Learning engineers to define advanced media processing pipelines.
Skills We’re Excited About
- Expertise in Python
- Experience with shaders and 2D rendering
- Passion for video editing
- Experience with media processing (sound, image, video)
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Strong communication skills – ability to work in a distributed work environment
Bonus Points For
- Basic knowledge of C++
- Experience with game engines or creative coding frameworks
- Git skills
- Live it. Eat it. Love it. – Two dedicated hours during your week to explore your passions and capture it with your GoPro
- Get your very own GoPro (Mounts and accessories included)
- Subsidized lunch and snacks galore
- Gym fee compensation
- Transit benefit – 50% of the applicable public transportation pass
- Excellent healthcare insurance coverage (Health-premium paid for 70% by GoPro)
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan.
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.