Who we are
Lilt is a language translation services and technology company. We're building the next generation of localization, making it possible for every organization to communicate with their customers in the language of their choice through Lilt's high-quality, scalable, and affordable translation services.
We recruit the world's best human translators and equip them with our software, allowing them to translate better and faster than ever. By combining human expertise and machine efficiency in a complete enterprise localization solution, we can deliver technology-enabled translation services to our customers.
Lilt is backed by some of the world's leading investors including Sequoia Capital, Intel Capital, and Redpoint. Our customers include some of the largest Fortune 500 companies in the world who rely on Lilt every day to provide more personal customer experiences in 300+ languages.
Our team is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area with additional hubs in Indianapolis, Washington DC, Berlin, Dublin, and the UK.
Lilt is a high-performance, large-scale language translation system. We invest in and prioritize both workflow (i.e., usability and interface design) and backend NLP/AI systems. Since the translation workforce is distributed worldwide, there are interesting multi-region cloud engineering problems to solve. We have a strong preference for building our own AI technology, so you’ll be implementing and working with the latest techniques and ideas.
What you'll do
As a support engineer at Lilt, you’ll spend your time making our customers successful and translators happy. You’ll help to improve our internal tools and processes to solve customer and translator issues faster, including platform and payment support.
During your time supporting customers, you will be the primary point of contact for Lilt customers with technical questions. You'll lead customers to a solution with the help of your database and scripting abilities, deep technical knowledge of the product, positive attitude, and customer-facing communication skills.
While working on engineering projects, you will collaborate closely with our front-end, back-end, and research teams. You will have the chance to build, fix, and create tools and features that have a direct impact on both internal and external users that depend on our product every day.
It's a great opportunity to learn a technically complex, customer-oriented product from the inside-out. You can quantify how much you're improving the product, and every day brings new challenges!
This position will be based out of our London office on a Hybrid basis.
- Technical degree or bootcamp experience
- Comfortable working on fast changing teams and projects
- Experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment or IT
- Excellent spoken and written English
- High language consciousness and an eye for detail; multilingualism is a great asset
- SQL querying abilities
- Strong problem solving skills with technical issues, and the ability to escalate to an engineering team when appropriate
- Excellent time-management and efficient prioritization skills
- A customer-facing personality, embodying patience, empathy, and collaborative communication
- Experience with Python
- Willingness to work in a team
- Sensitivity to different cultures
- Passion for your work
What we offer
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity, and 401k matching.
- Health care: Employees receive coverage of medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Professional development budget. Buy some books. Attend a conference. Take a class. We’ll help you push forward in your career.
Authorization to work in the U.K. is a precondition of employment.
Lilt is an equal opportunity employer. We extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to an individual’s race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristics, veteran or marital status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. We are committed to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.