Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Reporting to the Manager of Systems Engineering, the Senior Integration Engineer is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architects, develops, and maintains multi-platform integration solutions in support of Toast’s Business Systems and Ecommerce initiatives. The Senior Systems Engineer is an adept and creative technologist and solutions provider that will act as a subject matter expert for the numerous application frameworks within the Toast ecosystem and their use in the rapid and effective deployment of integrations for its growing portfolio of products.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Implement and maintain new and legacy integrations across numerous platforms.
- Work as an individual contributor focusing on the Toast Ecomm team on the Systems Engineering scrum team.
- Plan and execute the integration of new applications with existing systems and software.
- Plan and execute the integration of new application integration technology.
- Collaborate on standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine integration needs and assess dependencies and risk.
- Draft technical designs, engineering plans, testing plans, sequence diagrams and other systems integration related documents.
- Develop and automate application end-to-end or unit testing to ensure stability during continuous integration.
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans to remedy.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years working on an Agile SCRUM or Kanban team
- 3+ years working with REST, XML and JSON
- 3+ years working with an object oriented programming language and enterprise application architectures
- 3+ year or ETL experience
- Experience working with Enterprise Level Applications (for example: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow)
- Strong understanding of data manipulation and distribution
- Test Driven Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent version control, QA skills and attention to detail
Special Sauce: (non-essential skills, nice to have)
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS (for example: Mulesoft, Celigo, Dell Boomi)
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].