For the past few years, GoPro has grown from a hardware company to an ecosystem company that provides an end-to-end solution for our customers to manage their memories and help them become awesome content creators. GoPro software now offers not just capturing media, but also saving and managing media, innovative editing tools using AI/ML, Direct-to-Consumer sales, and exciting subscription products that empower and enable our users.
Through this transformation, our products have become more diverse spanning from Camera, Web, Cloud, Mobile, Desktop to 3rd party products and so has our customer base with our ecosystem now supporting variety of media devices. As our ecosystem expands, the need to strategically manage data and cloud has become the key focus for GoPro.
This Senior Technical Product Manager, Data Science and Cloud will be the key strategic role within the company to lead the data driven company initiative by owning and managing the data platform product roadmap and also lead exciting cloud initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
- Technical product management for data science engineering
- Own and manage the big data platform roadmap and project management of the identified initiatives
- As the product owner, manage and prioritize the engineering roadmap across multiple stakeholder requests.
- Collaborate with cross functional team partners to deliver most impactful data solutions for the company.
- Collaborate with ecosystem stakeholders to define AI/ML initiatives that automate content discovery and editing functions for our users.
- Technical product management for cloud engineering
- Work with cloud engineering and DevOps teams to lead the execution of key engineering initiatives such as building CI/CD pipelines, new transcoding infra structure, security, video quality improvements.
What You Will Do
- The more detailed description of the responsibilities are,
- Set the product roadmap that clearly outlines the future releases and longer-term product strategy.
- Manage the product life cycle.
- Prioritize development of the most important needs and align the product with the broader organizational strategy.
- Work with key stakeholders within the company to understand the business needs and the market needs to assess the priorities of different data needs.
- As the product owner, manage the product backlog and work closely with data engineering and data science teams to make the right trade-off decisions and deliver product features that maximize business value.
- Identify opportunities working with Analytics and Data Science teams where advanced analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning can solve specific needs
- Partner with data engineers and data scientists in the development of new analytical models and tools that will be used to diagnose and course-correct business performance
- Write comprehensive PRDs and project plans to define and execute data and cloud
Skills We’re Excited About
- Demonstrable experience in managing Big Data and ML initiatives.
- Demonstrable experience in leading initiatives from concept to completion.
- Experience as a technical product manager for cloud based
- Proven strategic and analytical capabilities to proactively foresee the organizational data needs and deliver solutions and product roadmap in a timely manner. 5-6 bullet points.
- Planning acumen and proven ability to break down work and define an MVP, as well as subsequent iterations.
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic and problem-solving skills.
- 5+ years in product and project management experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and cloud backend
- 8+ years of professional experience in a technical field/industry.
- Expertise as a product owner embedded with software engineering teams operating in Agile methodologies.
- Strong communication and escalation management skills, with demonstrated ability to drive cross-functional decision making for technical solutions.
- Strong documentation skills for PRDs and other product documents to effectively communicate with broader group of stakeholders and engineering teams.
- Understanding of the Data science workflow, the terminology and the unique challenges associated with the domain
Bonus Points For
- Both Technical Program Management and Technical Product Management experiences
- in a consumer facing (B2C) product industry
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Vaccination is not required to perform this role, but you will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if you are unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
The ranges added below are for Colorado-based hires only and will be dependent on candidate experience. Pay ranges for candidates in other locations other than CO may differ. Pay range: $131,325-$154,500.