Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building a platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Product Manager to join our growing Payroll/Employee Management Platform team. As a Technical Product Manager, you will collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, product design, customer onboarding, customer service, and others to evolve and expand the Payroll/Employee/Labor Management platform. Working closely with product leadership and other key stakeholders, you will craft a roadmap to improve engineering productivity, reduce and eliminate barriers to growth, and improve the customer experience using the Toast product suite. You’ll also work to implement impact analyses to measure the success of the team’s work. You’re right for this role if you are detail-oriented, thoughtful, collaborative, an excellent communicator, and brimming with a can-do attitude.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Operate as a leader of your team’s work, investing to become a subject matter expert of your domain and delivering business impact via product innovation.
- Define a well articulated vision for the short and long term roadmap of your domain; ensuring that the impact aligns to the team and company strategy, and prioritizing the most impactful investments.
- Gather requirements from a variety of stakeholders that connect to your roadmap and define core business & user experience problems to be solved, always setting goals in a clear, actionable format that supports the Toast voice and brand.
- Obsess yourself with finding ways to leverage data to identify opportunities, achieve goals, and communicate meaningful customer outcomes and measurable business impact.
- Communicate clearly, knowledgeably and transparently with cross functional stakeholders (including but not limited to Engineering, Design, Go To Market, Customer Onboarding, and Support) to build trusted relationships and rationalize, hone, evaluate and effectively influence product investments.
- Maintain a flexible, curious and collaborative mindset navigating change, uncertainty and challenging situations.
- Demonstrate continuous critical thinking and sound decision making by leaning on data to make evidence-based decisions and considering alternative approaches to mitigate risk.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 5+ years product management (and/or engineering) experience working on a platform team.
- Familiarity with a variety of tools and skill sets for data analysis and Product execution (e.g. SQL, Looker, Jira, Splunk, Salesforce, etc.)
- A commitment to exploring different perspectives before investing in development; always presenting your team with a well articulated, thoughtfully researched and measurable problem before embarking on any significant work.
- Experience writing clear, succinct product requirements, and an understanding of how to sequence the development of those requirements to optimize engineering resources, business impact, and customer outcome.
- Ability to deconstruct complex functionality into digestible chunks and understand how to define and circulate “success criteria” with key stakeholders. You know which tools to leverage in order to communicate most effectively with different teams.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently sequence the implementation of your team’s work. You know which trade-offs to make in order to adhere to a high quality launch.
- Exceptional time management, organization and communication skills.
- Comfort navigating ambiguity, complexity and conflict. You remain optimistic in the face of challenges, and seek out best practices from others to improve your own skill set
- Proven track record of success taking a structured, data-backed approach to prioritizing, investigating, and solving problems.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Spread* of Total Rewards:
- Flexible paid time off
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional development programs
- Commitment to employee wellbeing through resources such as a quarterly wellness stipend and mental health benefits
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- Extended medical, dental, & vision cover
- Paid parental leave
- Subsidized backup childcare
- Retirement savings (RRSP) matching – Coming soon!
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].