GoPro’s Joint Design Manufacturer / Original Brand Manufacturer (JDM/ODM) Business & Program team is seeking a high performing program manager to spearhead product development and execute JDM/ODM processes for product development with our eco-system manufacturing partners. As a Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, develop and deliver GoPro accessories to complete our camera eco-system. You will manage cross functional team's expectations and define/recommend process changes to better suit JDM/ODM product development.
For more of the products this role will work on, please refer to accessories category on GoPro.com.
What You Will Do
- Be a single threaded owner to manage product development with Product Management and Engineering to define camera eco-system
- Work closely with business manager, engineering and product management on new products, RFQ process, supplier award and NPI procurement
- Work with an internal and external team of engineers (ID, mechanic, electrical, wireless, imaging, thermal, firmware, compliance, etc.)
- Drive to define and document engineering requirements clearly against product requirement
- Assess existing product development processes & tools, identify gaps and define modifications/new processes that will enable us to scale and execute programs with speed and agility.
- Evangelize new processes with key cross functional teams.
- Engage and influence cross functional teams to adopt new/modified development processes for JDM/ODM programs
- Guide new products from pre-concept through a successful launch
- Define schedules, dependencies, critical paths and risks
- Manage priorities, trade-offs, integration points, and other cross-team coordination
- Facilitate major program decisions
- Communicate program status and priorities to a range of stakeholders across the company
- Work with sourcing and supply planning to ensure proper supply chain capacity is in place to meet the ramp plan and forecast
Skills We’re Excited About
- 5+ years of technical work experience in engineering domain, mechanical preferred, including minimum 2 years managing technical projects/programs
- Experience in JDM/ODM consumer product development lifecycles and processes
- Track history of organizational, decision making & priority management skills in complex technical contexts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to communicate complex ideas in easy-to-digest ways and build understanding with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
GoPro requires that all onsite visitors and workers be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Roles that are designated as remote do not require vaccination to perform the role but will not be permitted to visit GoPro’s office locations if unvaccinated. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.