- Flexible Shenzhen. This role allows the flexibility to work from home, within proximity to an office location.
GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate for a Senior Technical Program Manager. On this role, you will be responsible for managing the overall camera hardware development, acting as the project lead through design, development, validation, and release to production.
The successful candidate will have exceptional product development fundamentals, exceptional communication skills, and a desire to work with an amazing team to build game-changing products.
What You Will Do
- Project planning including workload and schedule
- Drive the creation of new cameras, camera features and accessories supporting the overall product development lifecycle
- Build and manage project schedules, dependencies, deliverables and responsibilities with functional managers and team members
- Prioritize team deliverables, tasks, and issues; manage change requests against scheduling and resource constraints
- Drive and coordinate the cross-functional camera development cycle across product management, EE, ME, Optics, FW, IQ, Audio, QA, compliance, and external vendor/partner teams
- Lead regular stakeholder reviews; communicate and present status and issues effectively to all levels of the organization, both verbally and in writing
Skills We’re Excited About
- 8+ years consumer electrics development experience
- 5+ years hardware/software systems integration experience preferred
- Demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple or complex projects with a track record of success, ideally in consumer-facing products
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience with embedded systems, wireless technologies, and imaging systems preferred
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred
- Able to work independently with little direction and multi-task in a fast-paced, chaotic environment
- Results and deadline driven: must be willing to do what it takes and spend the necessary time to meet deadlines
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to make reasoned decisions with imperfect or ambiguous data
- Excellent technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and enjoys working closely with engineers
- Takes responsibility, feels a personal stake in the products you ship, values integrity, works for the success of the entire team, constantly looking to improve yourself and your team
Why Work With Us?
Create your own destiny. GoPro enables you and trusts you to get your own job done, because we believe that autonomy in role brings out the best in our employees.
Live your best life. We’ve adopted remote and flexible work arrangements to support work at GoPro alongside our commitment to supporting employee wellbeing, belonging and connection with one another.
Work with leading edge technologies. We encourage employees to cultivate and use the latest and greatest technology, to provide the best solutions to serve our customers. We celebrate creative solutions that bring innovation to GoPro technology.
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear;
- Generous time off policy
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Competitive salary and discretionary annual performance-related bonus
- Gym fee compensation
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning, technology trainings, certifications, Peer-to-Peer learning, conferences and more.
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.