Location: Flexible (San Mateo, CA) – This role requires proximity to an office location with flexibility to work remotely 2-3 days/week with manager approval.
GoPro requires all onsite visitors and workers to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. An exception to this rule may be made if you qualify for an approved accommodation.
GoPro makes it easy for people to celebrate and share experiences. We believe life is more meaningful when shared. We build cameras, software, and accessories that help the world share itself in immersive and exciting ways.
GoPro is a global movement whose business is driven by shared experiences. We celebrate diversity. We practice inclusion. We foster belonging. We demand equity. And we share the experiences of individuals and communities who also hold these values as core to who they are. From Sao Paulo to Munich, Silicon Valley to Shenzhen, we are dedicated to building a company that reflects and honors the diverse global communities where we live, work, and play.
GoPro is seeking a top tier Senior Thermal Engineer who will help ensure that our world-class products perform as expected in temperature extremes. You’ll work side by side with our Designers and Engineers to help GoPro continue to push the envelope on what’s possible for ruggedized, small form factor, high performance products.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to develop product architectures
- Optimize thermal solutions using CFD simulation
- Investigate new approaches to thermal architecture to help shape future product roadmaps
- Manage our CM validation activities during develpment
- Prepare, review, execute and supervise testing to support modeling and product validation
Skills We’re Excited About
- BSME required, MS Preferred
- 5+ years of thermal analysis experience
- Strong understanding of thermal transfer via conduction, convection and radiation
- Understanding of modeling techniques and concepts (convergence, discretization, and meshing)
- Working knowledge of heat sinks, heat pipes and vapor chambers
- Experience with CAD tools (Siemens NX or SolidWorks experience preferred)
- Scripting languages (Matlab, python, perl, tcl) is a plus
- Consumer electronic development experience is a plus
- Get your very own GoPro camera + gear
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance – premiums are 100% paid for employees, 80% paid for dependents
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Generous time off policy
- 12 weeks paid parental leave for new parents
- Pre-tax and Roth 401(k) options
- Discounted employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- LiveHealthy monthly wellness reimbursement
- Innovative remote-friendly wellness classes and events
- Flexible work arrangements
- Professional + personal development opportunities, i.e. LinkedIn Learning
- Opportunities to get involved in the causes that you care about (annual camera donation + volunteer events)
We strive for the day that no group can be described as underrepresented at GoPro – whether as part of our brand or in our workforce. We are committed to providing a more inclusive, representative, equal, just and happy world. GoPro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.